|Pro-family activism that makes a difference!|
Brian Camenker of MassResistance named #1 national Pro-Family Hero for 2015 by Scott Lively's Abiding Truth Ministries
Over 30 prominent pro-family figures recognized in third annual list (below).
POSTED: December 20 2015
Brian Camenker of MassResistance has been named the “#1 top pro-family hero in America for 2015” in a list released last week by Dr. Scott Lively’s Abiding Truth Ministries organization. “We looked especially for leaders who showed courage under fire or whose words and actions gave special encouragement to our movement,” said Dr. Lively in his announcement.
“I am thrilled and humbled to be honored this way,” says Camenker. “To even be named in the company of all these other outstanding people is really special.”
Nominations were submitted by activists across the United States. The list honors over 30 individuals who were at the forefront of critical pro-family events and challenges 2015.
Here is the list as published on Dr. Lively's DefendTheFamily.com website:
Top Ten Pro-Family Heroes of 2015
To be included in this list the candidates must be American pro-family leaders with an established organizations dedicated to defending and promoting Biblical values regarding LGBT issues. This year our primary criteria for ranking the candidates was tenacity in the face of great challenges. We looked especially for leaders who showed courage under fire or whose words and actions gave special encouragement to our movement.
While there are many great pro-family organizations not represented on the list this year, we have chosen the following as the Top Ten Pro-Family Heroes of 2015. Please use the links we have provided to send a note of thanks to these heroes. And, in addition to your support of ATM, please send these worthy organizations a donation to help them in their work.
Dr. Scott Lively
2) Mat Staver, Liberty Counsel, for his bold, principled defiance of the United States Supreme Court in the Obergefell “gay marriage” ruling, and his defense of conscientious objector Kim Davis who refused to issue marriage licenses to homosexuals in Kentucky. Donate
3) Janet Folger, Faith 2 Action, for her tenacious “Restrain the Judges” campaign, culminating in a press conference on the steps of the Supreme Court asking Congress to remove jurisdiction over “gay marriage” from the United States Supreme Court, and for her subsequent valiant efforts to force SCOTUS to reconsider its Obergefell decision. Donate
4) Arthur Goldberg, Jews Offering New Alternatives for Healing (JONAH) for standing firm through a terrible lawsuit brought against JONAH by the Southern Poverty Law Center claiming that offering recovery to homosexuals amounted to consumer fraud under New Jersey law. Donate
5) Peter LaBarbera, Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, for his consistently gracious and courageous cultural analysis, activism and journalism at great personal cost. Donate
6) David Kupelian, WND.com, for his ongoing fearless publication of the truth and his newest book, “The Snapping of the American Mind.”
7) J. Matt Barber of Barbwire.com for establishing a wonderful new medium for Christian witness and defense of the truth.
8) Diane Gramley, American Family Association of PA, for her steady, persistent and unflappable defense of family values. Donate
9) Dr. Michael Brown, Line of Fire Radio Ministry, for the encouragement he has provided to the movement with his fearless radio commentary and especially new book, "Outlasting the Gay Revolutio" Donate
10) Dr. Don Welch: Center for Enriching Relationships, for being the first-named of three litigants against California’s SB1172 law preventing professional psychotherapists from helping gender identity confused adolescents who possess a biblical worldview. Donate
The following people, listed in order of submission, were nominated for inclusion in the list and deserve honorable mention:
Rev. Franklin Graham, for his many media appearances in which he courageously articulated the truth.
Robert Reilly, for his outstanding book, “Making Gay Okay: How Rationalizing Homosexual Behavior is Changing Everything” (Read introduction to book here.)
Anne Paulk, executive director of Restored Hope Network (www.restoredhopenetwork.org) for pulling the remnants of Exodus International back together and moving forward with grace, energy and truth.
Robert Oscar Lopez for his many articles, his brave stand, his amicus brief in the Obergefell case, and his book “Jephthah’s Daughters.”
Bryan Fischer and AFR radio for outstanding exposition of and defense of the truth. Listen to his radio show here.
Pastor Steve Branson, Village Parkway Baptist Church, San Antonio, TX for his strong public support of Master Sgt. Phillip Monk
The pastors who championed the HERO case in Houston, TX.
Dr. Steven Hotze, Conservative Republicans of Texas
Bill Wiesner, TCFamily.org, Michigan.
Aaron and Melissa Kline, Sweet Cakes by Melissa, Oregon.
Baronelle Stutzman, Arlene’s Flowers, Richland, Washington.
Jack Phillips, Masterpiece Cake Shop, Lakewood, CO.
Kim Davis, Morehead, KY.
Ed Hernandez and Mark Bonkiewicz, Nebraskans for Founders Values.
Phil Sevilla, Texas Leadership Coalition
Bradlee Dean, SonsofLibertyRadio.com
David Skinner of England.
Julio Sevaro of Brazil.
Very Special Thanks to pro-family hero Linda Harvey of Mission America (www.missionamerica.com) for her help in compiling this list.
This is Abiding Truth Ministries' third year of publishing a list of pro-family heroes and our first year of giving a cash award. Henceforth this will be an annual project and identifying and lauding worthy pro-family activities will be a regular theme of ATM’s ministry throughout the year.
If you support this effort to encourage and strengthen our pro-family leaders and activists, please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our snail mail and email database. Donations to ATM may be made HERE:
A busy year for Camenker at MassResistance
As in years past, during 2015 parents and activists from around the world turned to Brian Camenker and the rest of the staff and volunteers at MassResistance for help in confronting the aggressive, radical anti-family agenda.
We worked closely with activists fighting pro-family battles in Virginia, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Indiana, New York, Ohio, Utah, Minnesota, Nebraska, and other states. Around the world, we worked with people in Canada, Ireland, Finland, Australia, Costa Rica, and the UK. Nationally, we documented the US Supreme Court’s descent into irrationality in its recognition of “gay marriage.”
In Massachusetts we filed pro-family legislation and helped fight numerous pro-family battles. We also continued to document the LGBT movement’s “war against children” in the schools.
In Boston, we led an effort to force the Knights of Columbus to drop out of the newly pro-gay St. Patrick’s Day Parade. We also spearheaded the reporting and support for urologist Dr. Paul Church (including a petition effort, street protests, and leafletting). And we worked with many individual parents across the country fighting anti-family programs in their children’s schools.
We part ways with the "establishment" pro-family philosophy that calls for “moderation” and “compromise” when confronting culture-of-death issues. That approach may be less stressful, but it generally leads to failure. Our experience has been that bold action and uncompromising principles are much more effective.
And a “thank you” to Scott Lively
Many thanks should go to Dr. Scott Lively for his yearly efforts putting together this list. Dr. Lively knows the pro-family landscape as well as anyone. He has been a strong pro-family advocate since the 1980s. As president of Abiding Truth Ministries, his activism has taken him across America and to dozens of countries around the world. During that time he has earned a law degree, a doctorate in theology, and became credentialed by the International Institute of Human Rights in Strasbourg, France. He is currently standing up to an outrageous lawsuit aiming to silence him filed by a Soros-backed homosexual group.
And the LGBT movement reacts
Not surprisingly, the homosexual movement has reacted to this year’s list with anger and venom on their blogs and other publications. (We’re not going to link to them here, but you can use your imagination!)
“Of course, that’s their main way of dealing with most things, pretty childish,” says Camenker. “But people are getting less and less intimidated by them.”
We have a lot of work ahead of us in 2016. We appreciate your continuing support!