A leading pro-family activist organization, MassResistance provides the information and guidance people need to confront assaults on the traditional family, school children, and the moral foundation of society. Based in Massachusetts, we have supporters and activists in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and several foreign countries.
Our group was founded in 1995 as Parents’ Rights Coalition. Under the name Article 8 Alliance during the “gay marriage” crisis in Massachusetts, we worked to have the Mass. Supreme Court ruling voided and to stop Gov. Romney from implementing the unconstitutional ruling. We adopted the name MassResistance in 2006 when our role as the true resistance to tyrannical government became clear. (See our 2017 article at American Thinker, "On the Meaning of “Resistance”.)
Since we were in the first state to see homosexual activism in the schools and “gay marriage,” we thoroughly understood the threat of sexual radicalism, curtailed freedom of speech, uneven application of the law, judicial activism, and post-constitutional government.
Brian Camenker has been the Director of our organization from its founding and is its main reporter. Amy Contrada joined the group in 2004 and contributes research and writing. Many dedicated staff and volunteers have kept us going.
What makes us different?
Boston Herald columnist Howie Carr once described us as a “hardcore pro-family group.” We cover issues and events other conservative groups are afraid to touch. We don’t compromise with the Left. We provide analysis so the average person understands what’s really happening. And we give citizens and activists everywhere the tools and strategy to effectively confront the anti-family forces against them.
In contrast, rather than being truthful and confrontational, too many pro-family groups want to be seen as “reasonable and “not extreme." They tend to "fight" by writing commentary, re-posting shocking articles, and putting up a polite opposition to the latest left-wing lunacy. So they don't accomplish much.
But MassResistance focuses on exposing the harsh truths. Our two published books provide examples: In 2011 we exposed former Governor Mitt Romney’s soft record towards homosexuality, along with his unconstitutional implementation of “gay marriage.” In 2017, we published The Health Hazards of Homosexuality which has been called a tour de force by the President of the American College of Pediatricians.
We welcome people from everywhere who are willing to be part of this resistance.
Across the country and around the world
MassResistance has worked with activists in almost every US state. At critical times we've traveled to help local activists lobby their legislatures in Maine, Michigan, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New York, Maryland, Nebraska, South Carolina, and (of course) Massachusetts. Besides that, we have helped activists strategize, lobby, and prepared testimony for the legislatures in California, Delaware, Hawaii, Minnesota, Illinois, Vermont, Utah, Texas, Indiana, and others. We now have state chapters or affiliates in California, Texas, Colorado, Nebraska, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, and North Carolina.
We’ve offered guidance to activists in Australia, Canada, France, England, Ireland, Jamaica, the Virgin Islands, Finland, Ghana, Spain, Uganda, Nigeria, South Africa, Hong Kong, Singapore, Israel, New Zealand, Croatia, Brazil, and Chile.
In the media
Brian Camenker has been interviewed by American Family Radio (with Sandy Rios, Janet Mefferd, Bryan Fischer, Charlie Butts), Michael Brown (Line of Fire), Cherilyn Bacon Eagar (Red State Talk Radio), RoadKill Radio (British Columbia), and dozens of other radio shows, TV stations, and newspapers around the world. Our articles have appeared in American Thinker, Salvo Magazine, BarbWire, LifeSiteNews, The Massachusetts News, and The Jewish Advocate.In earlier years (when the mainstream media still reported on our issues) we were featured in the NBC Nightly News, CNN, CBS, ABC Evening News, MSNBC, National Public Radio, New York Times, and Fox News (O’Reilly Factor, Hannity & Colmes, and “America’s Newsroom” with Megyn Kelly).
Here is just some of our history:
• As Parents’ Rights Coalition in the 1990s, we wrote and got passed the parental notification law allowing parents to opt their children out of school sex-ed curricula.
• We exposed the shocking “Fistgate” incident in at the GLSEN conference (March 2000), where lesbian and “gay” state Education Dept. staff instructed teens on perverted “sexual” practices.
• In 2003-2004, we led efforts to overturn the unconstitutional Massachusetts “same-sex marriage” ruling, and later to halt its illegal implementation.
• We supported a Massachusetts father jailed for demanding his rights to review and opt his child out of LGBT-themed elementary school instruction.
• We were there to see the “gay” porn Little Black Book handed out to teens at the GLSEN-Boston conference in 2005.
• We reported corporate America’s descent into transgender madness with Macy’s “trans” mannequins during Boston Pride 2006.
• Our pioneering 2007 analysis of proposed Massachusetts legislation warned of the “transgender rights” push, soon to go national.
• We alerted the country on the “Gender Clinic” at Boston Children’s Hospital in 2007, first in the nation to medically support “transitioning” for very young children and teens, including psychological affirmation, puberty-blocking drugs, and opposite-sex hormones.
• We published in-depth reports on GLSEN and its founder Kevin Jennings in the nationwide effort opposing his appointment as Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” in 2009.
• We exposed the “anti-bullying” campaigns as a Trojan horse for LGBT indoctrination in the schools.
• In 2011, we warned the country that Mitt Romney was not conservative in our online report on his record as Governor of Massachusetts and in the book, Mitt Romney’s Deception. The book contains the only documentary history of how “same-sex marriage” came to Massachusetts.
• Our booklet, What Same-Sex “Marriage” Has Done to Massachusetts, has been used by pro-family groups around the country and abroad.
• We published original research on Elena Kagan’s pro-LGBT bias and actions as Dean of Harvard Law School (prior to her confirmation as U.S. Supreme Court Justice).
• We detailed the continuing leftist attacks on Dr. Scott Lively for speaking the truth about homosexuality.
• We gave a powerful report on the Transgender Agenda in Massachusetts Schools at the 2015 “Stand4Truth” conference in Salt Lake City.
• We chronicled and supported Dr. Paul Church, as he was sanctioned and dismissed by major Boston hospitals for speaking the truth about the medical health issues of homosexuality.
• Professor Robert O. Lopez, Director of Texas MassResistance, published his book Wackos Thugs & Perverts: Clintonian Decadence in Academia under our banner in 2017.
• In 2017, we exposed pornography in school libraries disseminated nationally by EBSCO. This report prompted the National Center on Sexual Exploitation to name EBSCO a leading facilitator of sexual exploitation. In 2018, the Colorado school district featured in our report ended its contract with EBSCO.
• Our Texas chapter held the Teens4Truth in 2017. Videos from that conference have seen hundreds of thousands of views.
• We’ve published unmatched coverage of Boston Gay Pride and Massachusetts Youth Pride events.
• We continue to monitor the schools and work with parent groups around the country who are fighting the LGBT and pro-abortion curricula.
• We successfully fought the radical sex-ed curriculum proposed as a mandatory state requirement over the years.
• We have led opposition to the bills to ban reparative therapy for children questioning their “LGBTQ” identities.
• We have continually sponsored good bills and opposed harmful bills in the Massachusetts Legislature over the years.
• We publish frequent reports on free speech issues, attacks on religious liberty, and sex-ed programs around the country.
• We have formed affiliate groups in CA, TX, CO, NE, GA, ME, MD, NC, and several abroad including the UK, Australia, Nigeria, and Chile.
Please help us continue to do our uncompromising work!
Your support will make the difference!